Hashtags are an integral part of Instagram and you should pay extra attention to them. They can effectively help you reach your targetted audience and increase engagement on your page.
A lot of people that never used to pay attention to hashtags are now trying to use relevant hashtags to improve their reach. A hashtag is a word, a phrase, or an acronym that begins with a (#) symbol.
If you click on the hashtag it will take you to all the posts that have used the same hashtag. A lot of people underestimate the power of hashtag marketing but today we will share some tips that can help you.
Hashtags are not only used on Instagram but they are also ideal for social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
How Many Hashtags Should I Use On Instagram?
If you are also wondering the same then read with us till the end to find out.
Instagram allows us to use a maximum of 30 hashtags, early reports mentioned that using 10 hashtags is appropriate. However, with new statistics, we have found out that using almost 20-30 hashtags on each post, reel, and video will help in increasing engagement.
Instagram is now moving ahead with new guidelines that pay more emphasis on SEO, make sure you use appropriate keywords in your hashtags.
20 hashtags on each post may help you reach, but our ultimate goal is not just to increase reach but to also improve engagement. Hence, to improve your engagement you can use hashtags between 20 and 30. If you are unable to find or create hashtags then dont force it.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Adding Hashtags
Creating hashtags may not be as easy as it may look, here are some tips that can help you choose the right hashtags.
- Do not add punctuation: You really do not need any punctuation in your hashtags. Avoid using hashtags such as #love-gf and #donthate will.
- Make it clear: Make sure that the hashtags you are using are easy to read and make sense in some way. For example #delhifoodseries vs #DelhiFoodSeries just by making the first letter of each word capital adds a lot of difference.
- Double-check: It is essential to double-check your hashtags before posting them, make sure your hashtags aren’t being used in any inappropriate post.
- Don’t repeat hashtags: Make sure you are not repeating the same hashtags in each and every post. You can have 2-3 hashtags regarding your business that can be repeated but the rest should be unique.
Why Should You Use Hashtags?
If you are wondering what is the importance of hashtags and why you should use them on every post then here is your answer!
- Expands your reach: Hashtags can make or break your Instagram posts, reels, and stories. Hashtags let your content grab more attention and more reach, people can easily find more like minding content by just clicking on the respective hashtag.
- Increases engagement: You can definitely see an increase in engagement if you are using appropriate hashtags with every post. Try it out for yourself and see the difference.
- Strengthen your brand: A lot of brands use UGC also known as user-generated content. Brands create their own hashtag that helps in promoting their product and work, this grabs more engagement and can help people reach new heights.
Different Types Of Hashtags
There are 5 different types of hashtags in total, we are sure most people were not aware of this fact.
- Location-based: The first type of hashtag are location-based, they are used to tag places, neighborhoods, cities, and countries. For example #TajMahal.
- Branded hashtag: These types of hashtags are used for campaigns, events, and promotions. For example #ComicCon2022.
- Industry hashtag: These types of hashtags are used to describe your niche of work. For example #WeddingPlanner.
- Community-focused: This type of hashtag is used to bring a community or a group of people together. For example #UnityForAll.
- Descriptive hashtags: These types of hashtags are used to describe a particular product. For example #BenefitsOfTurmeric and #TurmericMask.
Using popular hashtags on Instagram can help your content reach new heights. We hope you liked the information we shared above. Follow the tips we have mentioned to add more hashtags to your reels, posts, and videos.