If you are a student or someone who needs a tablet but can’t afford it, then here’s good news for you: now, you can access Excess Telecom free tablet, as the company offers free tablets to low-income households to reduce the gap between technology and people.
Excess Telecom is one of the well-known and largest telecommunication companies In the USA. They have a growing customer base of 100,000 in around 21 states. They also possess licenses in 47 states, where they aim to provide internet access at affordable prices.
Excess Telecom is collaborating with government-assisted programs such as ACP, to give tablets and internet for free to the needful. All the households that qualify for the ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) have an amazing chance to get an Excess Telecom tablet for free.
Who is Eligible For an Excess Telecom Free Tablet?
To Get Excess Telecom Free tablet, one has to meet certain criteria. These criteria are set because the program is for low-income households and households with ACP program and Tribal Assistance Programs.
The eligibility criteria are:
Income-based eligibility. Your household will qualify for Excess Telecom’s ACP program if the overall income is below 200% of the federal poverty line.
You can qualify if you or any of your household members received a Federal Pell Grant in the current year.
There is also a program eligibility. You can apply if you are currently enrolled in any of the below Government assistance programs:
- CalFresh, Food Stamps, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans & Survivor Benefits
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
You can also apply if you are unemployed at the moment. Here, you need to apply for beneficiaries of the scheme by showing documents. The income should be $99,000 per annum.
If you are enrolled in the Lifeline program, then you can also grab a free Excess Telecom Tablet.
These are some of the common requirements for the ACP program and also for free tablets. There can be excess criteria depending on your current residence. So, you are requested to look for state-specific eligibility criteria.
What Documents Are Required To Get Excess Telecom Free Tablet?
If you are in the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, then you need to show proof. So here are the documents you need to present to get the Free Excess Telecom tablet:
- Proof of Identity. If you have applied through a government assistance program then you need to present a Valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, birth certificate, US driver’s license, Passport, Permanent residence, or Green Card.
- Document for proof of age such as Passport, Birth certificate, or Emancipation certificate.
- An official document that verifies your current address of residence. The documents can be a Tribal ID, driver’s license, or any government document that mentions your address.
- A document that shows your household earnings. It can be previous year tribal, federal, or state tax returns. It can also be your current earnings statement from your employer.
- Your social security number to look at your benefits. You can also provide them with your social security statement of benefits.
- If you have, you can also present Veterans Statement of Benefits, Retirement Statement of Benefits, and Child Support Awards.
How to Apply For an Excess Telecom Free Tablet?
After you have procured all the documents needed, let’s look at the step-wise procedure to apply for the Excess Telecom free tablet.
- Step 1: The first and most important step before applying for the Excess Telecom Tablet is to check its availability in your residential area. Verify whether Excess Telecom offers and supports services in your location, and then proceed to the next steps.
- Step 2: Next, you need to check the eligibility of your household or any of its members. All the eligibility criteria for the ACP program and the Free Excess Telecom Tablet are mentioned above. You can also reconfirm eligibility by checking either of the following links: https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply or https://www.usac.org/lifeline/national-verifier/eligibility-verification/.
These links will verify your eligibility and also guide you to apply for the ACP program on the national level. The application process is simple, you just need to upload or provide all the required information and documents.
- Step 3: There is also another way to apply for a free Excess Telecom Tablet. It is to reach out to them and tell them you wish to get monthly free service along with a Free tablet. You can either call them at +800-615-0898 or chat with them on their official website. They also reply to queries through social media.
- Step 4: This way is the most straightforward method. It is to apply through their website excesstelecom.com and provide them with a ZIP code and check availability. If available they give detailed instructions on how to choose a plan and fill out the forms. Then your application is sent for checking of documents. If your application gets approved you will be informed and receive a Free tablet.
Which Company tablet is Excess Telecom offering?
There are several brands you can choose from if your application gets approved. The brands are
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPad mini
- Lenovo tab 4 8 Plus
- Alcatel Job tab 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2020
- Samsung Galaxy tab E
- Samsung Tab S3
- KonnectONE Moxee Tablet
Excess Telecom Customer Service
You can contact any of the below-given customer services if you have any more doubts about the free tablet and internet services provided by Excess Telecom.
- Excess Customer service number: 1-800-615-0898
- Excess Line- 611
- Chat Support- https://www.excesstelecom.com/contact
- Official Website- https://www.excesstelecom.com
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/excesstelecom
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/excesstelecom
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/excesstelecom/
What is the warranty on excess telecom?
On the website of Excess Telecom, it mentions that there are 6 months on the Tablet warranty. If you are not working you can get a replacement by contacting them. You can call them at 800-615-0898.
Are Excess Telecom Tablets Actually Free?
Unfortunately No, Due to FCC ACP rules, the customer must pay more than $10 but less than $50.
How to contact Excess Telecom?
For more queries on the free tablet from Excess Telecom, you can call customer service. You can call them for any assistance at +800-615-0898.