How To Delete Threads Account (Complete guide) 2023
The New Rival to Twitter. As people rush to create their accounts on this Twitter alternative threads, some users realize that Threads may not be the right fit for them. If you find yourself wanting to delete your Threads account, there’s a catch – it’s not as straightforward as you thought. Meta, being clever, wants to retain users on their platform for as long as possible, which is why deleting your Threads account requires deleting your linked Instagram account as well. Isn’t that weird?, well if you still want to delete your threads account, Find out more about this process here.
Users have the option to deactivate their Threads account without deleting their Instagram account.
Post You May Find Useful: – How To Remove Threads Badge From Instagram Bio ?
- 1 Can you Delete Thread Account?
- 2 Steps to Delete Your Threads Account
- 3 Steps to Deactivate Your Thread Account
- 4 FAQ:
- 5 How to delete Threads account without deleting the Instagram account?
- 6 What happens if I delete/deactivate my threads account?
- 7 Do I need Instagram to use threads?
- 8 How are threads different from Instagram?
Can you Delete Thread Account?
Currently, it is not possible to delete your Threads account separately. To delete your Threads account, you need to delete your linked Instagram account because Threads is connected to it.
Additionally, since Threads is still in its early stages and may not have all features available, Instagram chief Adam Mosseri has mentioned that Meta is exploring options for enabling separate deletion of Threads accounts in the near future.
Steps to Delete Your Threads Account
- Open Threads app, tap your profile icon in the bottom navigation bar. Now, tap on the hamburger menu and go to “account” section.
- Now on Click on ‘Other account settings, it will redirect you to instagram app setting, Then Go To Account Center.
- Tap on “Personal details” in ‘Accounts Centre. and go to account ownership and control.
- Next, tap ‘Account ownership and control‘ and ‘Deactivation or deletion.
- Select the Instagram account associated with your Threads account. Choose ‘Delete account‘ and tap on ‘Continue‘.
- Choose a reason to delete your account, and tap “Continue” again. Next, enter your password and tap on “Continue“
- Finally, confirm your account deletion request by tapping on ‘Delete account. and your account will be delete after 30 days.
Steps to Deactivate Your Thread Account
- In the Threads app, tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the two-line menu icon in the top right of your profile.
- Tap the Account icon.
- Tap Deactivate profile.
- Tap Deactivate Threads profile.
- Confirm your choice to Deactivate at the prompt.
You can re-activate your Threads profile if you change your mind after deactivation. Remember that you can only deactivate your profile once a week.
How to delete Threads account without deleting the Instagram account?
Currently, it is not possible to delete a Threads account separately. To delete your Threads account, you would need to delete the linked Instagram account as well. This requirement may be due to Threads being in its early stage and not having full features available yet.
What happens if I delete/deactivate my threads account?
When you deactivate your Threads account, your profile information, replies, and likes will be hidden until you reactivate your account by logging back in. Deactivating your Threads account does not delete your data on Threads or impact your Instagram account. It works similarly to deactivating your Instagram account, where your information and details remain hidden until you choose to reactivate.
Deleting your Threads account will result in the deletion of all your data, including threads, profile picture, replies, likes, messages, and everything associated with your account. This process is similar to deleting an Instagram account, where all your data is permanently removed.
Do I need Instagram to use threads?
Yes, in order to create an account on Threads, you must have an Instagram account first, as it is required to link to your Threads account.
How are threads different from Instagram?
Threads is a special app made by Instagram. While Instagram is mostly about sharing photos and videos, Threads is designed to make text updates more engaging. It provides a separate place for people to share updates and have public conversations. In Threads, you can create posts with up to 500 characters. You can also include links, photos, and videos that are up to 5 minutes long.