How to See Sent Follow Request on Instagram (Updated) – 2023
Instagram is full of attracting people and sometime we find some attractive profile and instantly tap the follow button on private account and wait for the person to accept our request.
However, after sometime we forget whom we have sent the follow request on Instagram and Over the years you may have too many sent follow requests to private account users, and now you want to look into those account whom you have send the request.
When we request them to follow, it is at the discretion of the user to accept your request or not. This leads you hanging there for as long as they want. You would want to see their request status or just want to know whom you have requested to follow.
In this article, we will provide you steps by steps guide which you can follow to see the list of all sent follow requests by you on instagram easily.
How to see who i requested to follow on instagram ?
To see who you have requested to follow on Instagram, you can follow these steps:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen, and then click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) at the top right corner.
- From the menu, tap on “Your Activity.”
- Scroll down and click on “Download Your Information.”
- In the “Select Information” menu, Choose “Complete copy” if you want all the information related to your Instagram activities. If you want specific information, choose “Select types of Information.”
- Enter your email address linked with your Instagram account and select HTML under format.
- You can also choose the data range, i.e., 6 months, 1 year etc.
- Then tap on “Request download.”
- Finally, enter your password and tap “Next” to confirm the download request.
Instagram will inform you that it may take up to 48 hours to prepare your data. The actual time may vary depending on the size of your account and other factors. Once Instagram has prepared your data, they will send the complete data of your account to your email address. Check your email for the download link. The file will be accessible for 4 days only.
- Unzip the file after downloading the data from the link sent to your email. If you don’t have an unzipper app, you can download one from the Play Store or App Store, such as Document Viewer.
- Now, open the file in Document Viewer, look for the “followers and following” folder, and open it.
- Go to the “pending_follow_requests” folder and open it. Here, you will find the list of sent follow requests that are still pending.
How to view Instagram sent Follow requests on PC (Web)
The process for viewing sent follow requests on a PC is similar to that on mobile devices. Here are the steps:
- Open Instagram’s official website and log in to your account using your username and password.
- Tap on the More icon (three horizontal lines) at the screen’s bottom left corner and select “Your Activity.”
- Now, from the menu, select “Download Your Information.”
- Enter your email address associated with your Instagram account and select HTML under format and 6 months or 1 year (whatever is required) under the data range.
- Then click “Next” to proceed.
- Now, enter your password and tap on “Request Download.”
Instagram will inform you that preparing your data may take some time. Once your data is ready, they will email your registered email with the download link. Once you receive the file from Instagram in your email, open it using an unzipping app since the file is in zip format.
- Go to the “followers_and_following” folder and choose the option you want to view, such as “blocked accounts” or “pending requests.”
The status of your sent follow requests on Instagram can be checked by downloading your account information. Whether using an Android or iPhone device or accessing Instagram through a PC, the steps are easy to follow, but it might take some time to access the data.
However, don’t be obsessed with people who have denied or ignored your follow request. Don’t take this personally. If you really want to follow them, then DM them. However, in the process don’t be an annoying and toxic person by re-requesting them. Some people just want to have a close circle on social media and it has nothing to do with you.