How to Archive and Unarchive post on Instagram | Easy Steps
If you are looking for a way to Archive and Unarchive post on Instagram then read till end.
Instagram’s archive and unarchive features were introduced in 2017, and they have proven to be among the most valuable and widely used features on the platform.
Posts can be archived so that you can simply “hide” them from your feed without losing any engagement metrics like likes, comments, and shares. You can restore your archived post/s at any time. Instagram stories can be archived as well.
Before the archive feature, users had no choice but to delete content they had posted if they wanted it to remain hidden. Of course, this meant permanently losing the content, as well as the engagement metrics associated with it.
In this article we will share you the steps to archive and unarchive post on Instagram with a much needed Faq section. So let’s get started.
Why should you Archive your posts rather than deleting it?
- Archived posts are usually superior to deleted posts. When you merely archive a post, you preserve its engagement data, and you may refer to it or restore it to your news feed at any time.
- All of your archived posts will be hidden from your followers and other Instagram users, and will be preserved in a separate section only available to you.
- Your archived posts are kept in chronological order.
- When you unarchive a post, it returns to its original location on your timeline. For example, if you archived a post from New Year’s Eve 2019, when you unarchive it, it will be returned to that same date on your timeline.
How to Archive Posts on Instagram
- Tap on the profile icon or your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the app to access your profile page.
- Scroll through your feed until you come across the post you want to hide, then tap on it.
- Tap on the three appearing dots.
- Choose the Archive option.
How to UnArchive Posts on Instagram
- Launch the Instagram application.
- Go to your profile page by tapping the profile icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the three lines icon in the upper right corner of the screen, then Archive.
- Tap to open the post you want to unarchive under Posts archive.
- Tap the three dots icon in the top-right corner of the post, then select Show on profile.
Archive Instagram Stories
After 24 hours, all stories are automatically archived. You won’t have to download a story if you created it by directly capturing an image or video with your phone. You can find all of your stories in the Stories Archive.
However, if you want your stories to vanish forever, you can choose not to archive them. Here’s how to go about it:
- Select your profile photo.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Navigate to the Privacy section.
- Select Story.
- To disable it, click the Archive tab (or on again).
UnArchive Instagram Stories
Go to your profile > tap the menu > select ‘Archive’ to see your archived Stories. You’ll see a list of previously shared content here. If your Stories aren’t showing up, tap the three dots in the top-right corner and change it to ‘Stories Archive.’
You must now locate the content you wish to repost. To do so, you can use the app’s three filters: sort by date, location, or show all.
Tap the Story you want to delete, then tap the ‘Share’ button at the bottom of the screen. You’ll be able to share it with your Close Friends in your Story or send it directly to a specific user.
FAQs realated to Archiving and Unarchiving Posts
Can followers see old posts?
No. All of your archived content will be hidden from your Instagram followers and other users.
Do archived posts resurface after a certain amount of time?
No. You have complete control over when an archived post is restored. Posts can be archived indefinitely.
How do I save Instagram live broadcasts?
All Instagram Live broadcasts are automatically archived in your Live Archive. You can disable this feature in the Story settings. Remember that archived Live broadcasts are removed after 30 days.
So with this I hope you have got an idea of why you should archive posts rather than deleting them and also the steps as to Archive and Unarchive post on Instagram as well as stories.