How To Hide Instagram Messages Without Deleting Them?
Are you wondering about “how to hide Instagram messages without deleting them” from your primary inbox without deleting the chat? If Yes, then you’re at the right place
Instagram is the most prevalent social media platform worldwide, where users interact with amazing and versatile content in the form of reels, posts or stories. Apart from this, Instagram has really cool features and tricks that engage the user more. One of Instagram’s cool features is hiding messages.
If you’re a person who wants to keep things more private or doesn’t want anyone to read your particular messages, then hiding them is the best option. In this article, you’ll get to know “how to hide Instagram messages” quickly and easily. Let’s dive in.
Methods To Hide Instagram Messages Without Deleting the Chat
Hiding messages on Instagram is extremely easy. Instagram does not provide any “hide chat” option, but you can hide DMS on Instagram by following the given methods.
There are generally three practical ways to hide the message on Instagram, given below. Follow these steps to hide your DMS on Instagram or personal chats that you don’t want anyone to read.
Using the Vanish Mode
- Open the Instagram app on Android or iPhone and go to the inbox section.
- Open the Instagram chat whose messages you want to hide.
- Swipe up in the middle of your screen to activate the vanish mode to hide the messages.
- The previous message will be deleted after your chatting partner sees the message and leaves the chat.
If you need to learn about Instagram’s latest feature, Vanish mode, then let’s have an overview of it.
So, What is Vanish Mode?
Vanish mode is a feature that you can use while chatting. It means if you turn on the vanish mode, the vanish mode will automatically turn on in the person chat to whom you’re chatting. When you turn on the vanish mode, it turns on for both sides or accounts.
Basically, Vanish mode is like an incognito mode used to hide direct messages on Instagram. Once you and your chatting partner start messaging using the vanish mode, the message will automatically be cleared as the user closes the chat within a minute from both sides.
Vanish mode doesn’t hide the chat, but it is a great way to hide DMS on Instagram or message in an ongoing chat.
So, let’s know the second method to hide Instagram messages.
Using the Business Account
- Open your Instagram account and go to your profile.
- Tap on three menu lines from the top right corner.
- And then go to Settings>Account> Switch Account Type>Switch to a Business account.
- Once done, go to your Instagram inbox section and open the chat you’re willing to hide.
- Now click on the ‘Move to General” option.
- Go back to Settings and switch to the personal account; your selected chats will disappear.
- To unhide the hidden chat, you will have to switch your account back to your business account and move that chat to “primary” from “general.”
Hide Instagram chats using the restrict option
- Click on the direct message option or in the top right of the feed.
- Click the chat with the person you want to hide the messages.
- Tap the person’s name at the top of your chat.
- Tap Restrict at the bottom, then tap Restrict account to confirm
- After this, the selected user’s chat will be shown in the requested messages, And you’ll able to hide the messages without deleting the chat.
This method works very quickly and is the most convenient & reliable answer to how to hide direct messages on Instagram using the vanish mode mentioned above.
Post you may also read – How to See Someone’s Instagram Story without getting Seen
FAQ: how to hide direct messages on Instagram?
- How To Hide Chat on Instagram Live
To hide the chat on Instagram live follow the below-given steps.
- Open your Instagram account.
- Go to the Camera section, and select the Live option.
- After going live, click on the three dots near the comment option.
- From the menu that pops up, find the turning off the comment section.
- Click on the option, and your chat section will disappear.
- How to archive chat on Instagram?
There is No, archive feature available on Instagram like WhatsApp.
- How to hide direct messages on Instagram using Vanish mode?
To hide Instagram messages using vanish mode, you only need to swipe up in the chat. Detailed steps are mentioned above.
- How to hide a chat on Instagram with a password?
Using the App Lock or locker for application, you can hide both chats and the app itself.
More related posts – 1. How To Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android